How many Maintenance Operatives does it take to change a light bulb? Well, in our case, it’s one more than we have currently!
What will I be doing?
Travel Chapter is looking for a new Maintenance Operative to join our team in Bath for the next 4 months.
With more than 70 properties set in the historic Georgian town, we're looking for someone with experience and know-how to keep them always resembling their best.
At Travel Chapter, we understand the importance of a smooth and comfortable guest experience. We want our guests to feel relaxed and at home from the moment they arrive, and that's where you come in. As our Maintenance Operative, you'll ensure that all our properties are maintained to the highest standards, so that guests can enjoy a hassle-free stay.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high-standard maintenance services to fulfil the needs of our homeowners and guests.
- Promoting a proactive and preventative approach to our Managed Services: you'll be a champion of staying ahead of the game, preventing issues before they happen, and showing homeowners the value of our Managed Services.
- Identifying efficiencies and savings: you'll put on your thinking cap to find ways to save money and work smarter, so we can keep our Managed Services profitable and affordable.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and guidelines: safety always comes first, and you'll make sure that we follow all the rules and guidelines to keep everyone safe and sound. No shortcuts allowed!
- Working occasional late shifts in case of emergency call-outs – no later than 9pm and paid pro-rata if called out, which would be rare.
We understand that finding a candidate who perfectly meets every requirement is unlikely. If you're excited about the role and possess most of the following qualifications, we encourage you to get in touch – you might be exactly who we're looking for!
Ideally, we’re looking for:
- Previous experience painting and decorating; basic carpentry and plumbing (generally tightening up loose parts) and general maintenance.
- Someone with the ability to liaise with owners and guests regarding maintenance issues and provide a fast, reactive service to any problems.
- Basic computer literacy to update our systems once repairs have been actioned, and the ability to respond to queries via email.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience of re-sealing around shower trays and baths as this is a regular task.
We prioritise the wellbeing of our team. In addition to joining a rapidly growing company with a positive culture and ample employee development prospects, we offer competitive salaries and an array of benefits, including:
- 25 days' paid holidays plus bank holidays.
- A dedicated day off for your birthday or your loved one's.
- £500 contribution towards a holiday of your choice.
- A paid day to engage in charitable work.
- Friends and family discount scheme.
- Life assurance for peace of mind.
- Diverse social clubs, ranging from pet lovers to fitness enthusiasts.
- Exciting social events, including our renowned Christmas parties!
Who are we?
We’re Travel Chapter – the holiday home people – and we’re on a mission to showcase great places to stay in the UK. While we’ve grown over the years from a small South West holiday letting agency to one of the market leaders in the industry, we’ve never lost sight of our strong family ethos and we keep the same values at the heart of everything we do. Along the way, we’ve nurtured a caring and collaborative culture that drives us forward and keeps our team inspired and motivated every day.
The people behind our company are at the heart of everything we do and it’s a place where everyone is welcome; a place that’s friendly and fair; a place that encourages people to be bold, explore new ideas and push the boundaries of what they do every single day.
We are passionate about what we do and we take a common-sense approach to getting things done. Inevitably, things go wrong from time to time and we do everything we can to make it right. We learn from it and adapt, remembering to stay curious and never stop evolving.
Diversity is key to our success, and we work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best - we’ll be happy to help.