What will I be doing?
Are you looking to contribute your financial expertise and support a dynamic finance team? We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Assistant (Revenue) to join our group and play a pivotal role in our day-to-day finance activities. If you have a passion for numbers, excellent IT skills, and a strong customer service focus, we want to hear from you!
As our Finance Assistant (Revenue), your main responsibilities will include:
- Processing weekly and monthly payment runs to holiday let homeowners through our Booking Reservation Platforms, ensuring accurate recording of deductions, such as housekeeping charges.
- Addressing homeowner inquiries professionally and efficiently via telephone or written communication.
- Handling the processing and recording of refunds.
- Collaborating with different departments to provide support with relevant finance tasks and systems training.
- Building positive relationships with colleagues across the Group, providing high-level support and service.
We know that the perfect candidate who ticks every box doesn't exist, so if you're excited by the role and have most of the above, please get in touch - you could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for:
- Experience working in a busy finance or management accounts department.
- Excellent IT skills, including comfort with computerised accounting packages and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Adaptable and quick to learn, especially in technical areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomatic approach.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, and ever-changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to use initiative.
- Customer service focus with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Well-organised, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in various finance tasks, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Qualified or working towards an industry-recognised accounting qualification (e.g., AAT) or equivalent.
- Experience working within the travel and leisure industry.
We believe in taking care of our team. As well as joining a rapidly growing company with a good culture and opportunities for employee development, we provide competitive salaries and a range of benefits, including:
- 25 days' paid holidays plus bank holidays
- A special day off for your or a loved one's birthday
- £500 paid towards a holiday of your choice
- A paid day to volunteer with a charity close to your heart
- A friends and family discount scheme
- Life assurance for your peace of mind
- Social clubs for pet lovers, fitness enthusiasts, gardeners, sustainability champions, nutrition enthusiasts, and more
- Exciting social events, including our famous Christmas parties!
Who are we?
We're Travel Chapter – the holiday home people – and we're on a mission to showcase great places to stay in the UK. While we've grown over the years from a small South West holiday letting agency to one of the market leaders in the industry, we've never lost sight of our strong family ethos, and we keep the same values at the heart of everything we do. Along the way, we've nurtured a caring and collaborative culture that drives us forward and keeps our team inspired and motivated every day.
The people behind our company are at the heart of everything we do, and it's a place where everyone is welcome; a place that's friendly and fair; a place that encourages people to be bold, explore new ideas, and push the boundaries of what they do every single day.
We are passionate about what we do, and we take a common-sense approach to getting things done. Inevitably, things go wrong from time to time, and we do everything we can to make it right. We learn from it and adapt, remembering to stay curious and never stop evolving.
Diversity is key to our success, and we work hard to make sure we're inclusive. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best - we'll be happy to help.