One year fixed term contract
What will I be doing?
Are you a finance enthusiast looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact and support a dynamic finance team? We are seeking a highly motivated Finance Assistant to join our team and assist in the day-to-day finance activities for Travel Chapter. If you have a passion for numbers, a keen eye for detail, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, this role might be perfect for you!
As our Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for various financial tasks, including:
- Assisting in the preparation of Monthly Management accounts, ensuring all relevant schedules and reconciliations are up to date.
- Performing daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparing for year-end audits, compiling and checking information with ease.
- Compilation of VAT returns.
- Assisting with staff credit card processing and reconciliations.
- Providing finance tasks or systems training to employees as needed.
- Staying updated with the finance industry to proactively suggest improvements.
We know that the perfect candidate who ticks every box doesn't exist, so if you're excited by the role and have most of the above, please get in touch - you could be exactly what we need!
We’re ideally looking for:
- Experience working in a busy finance or accounts department.
- Proficiency in various finance tasks, including monthly management accounts, bank transactions, and nominal ledger reconciliations.
- Excellent IT skills, including familiarity with computerised accounting packages, Microsoft Excel, and Word.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Adaptable, quick to learn, especially in technical areas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomatic approach.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, and ever-changing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to use initiative.
- Customer service focus with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Excellent organisational skills, prioritisation, and ability to meet deadlines.
We believe in taking care of our team. As well as joining a rapidly growing company with a good culture and opportunities for employee development, we provide competitive salaries and a range of benefits, including:
- 25 days' paid holidays plus bank holidays
- A special day off for your or a loved one's birthday
- £500 paid towards a holiday of your choice
- A paid day to volunteer with a charity close to your heart
- A friends and family discount scheme
- Life assurance for your peace of mind
- Social clubs for pet lovers, fitness enthusiasts, gardeners, sustainability champions, nutrition enthusiasts, and more
- Exciting social events, including our famous Christmas parties!
Who are we?
We're Travel Chapter – the holiday home people – and we're on a mission to showcase great places to stay in the UK. While we've grown over the years from a small South West holiday letting agency to one of the market leaders in the industry, we've never lost sight of our strong family ethos, and we keep the same values at the heart of everything we do. Along the way, we've nurtured a caring and collaborative culture that drives us forward and keeps our team inspired and motivated every day.
The people behind our company are at the heart of everything we do, and it's a place where everyone is welcome; a place that's friendly and fair; a place that encourages people to be bold, explore new ideas, and push the boundaries of what they do every single day.
We are passionate about what we do, and we take a common-sense approach to getting things done. Inevitably, things go wrong from time to time, and we do everything we can to make it right. We learn from it and adapt, remembering to stay curious and never stop evolving.
Diversity is key to our success, and we work hard to make sure we're inclusive. Please let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best - we'll be happy to help.