Looking for an exciting opportunity to develop, maintain, and support cutting-edge websites and systems? Join our team as a Developer and write functional code that meets business needs while ensuring quality and maintainability. You will collaborate with our dynamic scrum team to ensure timely project completion and develop technical solutions using a variety of languages and technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, maintain and support customer, owner, and internal websites and systems.
- Write functional code that meets business needs while ensuring quality and maintainability.
- Collaborate with the scrum team to ensure timely project completion.
- Develop technical solutions using a variety of languages and technologies
- Ensure tasks are appropriately sized for continual delivery.
- Write functional code and automated tests.
- Take full responsibility for the functionality you develop.
- Peer review team work for quality assurance.
- Improve development tools, processes, technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Assist in troubleshooting and providing out of hours support.
- Document new developments and update existing documentation.
- Adaptable and quick to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-organized and able to prioritize deadlines.
- Experience/knowledge of C#, React Native, AWS Lambda, SQL, documentation writing, testing strategies, and Agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of responsibility for the quality of work.
- Task prioritization and accountability.
- Positive, can-do attitude and team player.
- Objectivity in decision-making.
- Continual improvement and passion for learning.
We know that the perfect candidate who ticks every box doesn’t exist, so if you’re excited by the role and can do most of the above – please get in touch. You could be exactly what we need!
Apart from joining a rapidly growing company with a great culture and a big focus on employee development, the great news is we also offer competitive salaries and benefits which we feel look after our team well. These include:
- 25 days’ paid holidays plus bank holidays
- A day off for your or a loved one’s birthday
- £500 paid towards a holiday of your choice
- A paid day to volunteer with a charity of your choice
- Friends and family discount scheme
- Life assurance for your peace of mind
- Social clubs - whether you’re into pets, fitness, gardening, sustainability or nutrition, there's something for everyone
- Great social events - we are well known for our Christmas parties!
Who are we?
We’re Travel Chapter – the holiday home people – and we’re on a mission to showcase great places to stay in the UK. While we’ve grown over the years from a small South West holiday letting agency to one of the market leaders in the industry, we’ve never lost sight of our strong family ethos and we keep the same values at the heart of everything we do. Along the way, we’ve nurtured a caring and collaborative culture that drives us forward and keeps our team inspired and motivated every day.
The people behind our company are at the heart of everything we do and it’s a place where everyone is welcome; a place that’s friendly and fair; a place that encourages people to be bold, explore new ideas and push the boundaries of what they do every single day.
We are passionate about what we do and we take a common-sense approach to getting things done. Inevitably, things go wrong from time to time and we do everything we can to make it right. We learn from it and adapt, remembering to stay curious and never stop evolving.
Diversity is key to our success and work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. Let us know if you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best. We’ll be happy to help.